The feel of riding and durability are two decisive factors when designing seals for forks in motorcycles and bicycles. Especially in off-road applications, such as enduro or motocross, the requirements on the sealing are very demanding.
SKF has developed a range of seals with this in mind. Solutions are available for both off-road and on highway use. For motorcycles, the seals come in pairs with a separate oil seal and dirt wiper seal tuned to each other to give low friction for the best riding experience, as well as long life.
On select models HD seals are offered which are recommended for extremely muddy riding conditions.
- Increased life and performance
- Enhanced water and dirt protection capability
- Reduced and constant friction over the life of seal
- Much improved ride comfort
- Compatibility with a wide range of OE and aftermarket oils
- Reduced wear and air suction
- An oil seal and a wiper seal to minimize contamination reaching the oil seal
- Specially developed NBR elastomer with lower friction characteristics
- Wiper seal with optional dual lip design for high contamination situations
- New oil seal lip geometry specific to fork seals